Hello beautiful readers! I'm in a good mood today because it's sunny, warm, I'm wearing a dress, and in t--minus 7 hours it will be my weekend. Achoo is coming over for the night and any day spent with him is fantastico and we're having a cooking lesson tonight so that should be fun.
Today I thought I'd talk about my ideal apartment. As I believe I've mentioned, I have lived on college campus' for the past 8 years (first as a student and then as a professional). And as I have also mentioned, I'm completely sick of it. So here are the features that my ideal apartment will have:
- Sunlight! Lots of windows and sun! No basement apartments for this girl!
- 2 bedrooms. Here's my theory: if Achoo and I move in together someday, I'm going to need a place to go if I get sick of or pissed of at him. Another bedroom, set up as an office or a den, would be perfect.
- Lots of closets. I have a lot of stuff, but I don't like to have a lot of stuff out and about. Plus I have a lot of clothes. Lots of clothes. Too many clothes.
- A dishwasher. Just because I have a bad habit of leaving plates in the sink for a week...
- A washer and dryer. Paying for each load of laundry is so early 20's. I'm now in my late 20's. I need my own units.
- A tub. My current apartment only has a shower stall. Shaving my legs is a death defying adventure every day.
- Pet friendly. The fuzzy face is part of the package. She goes where I go.
- Character. I'd like it to have at least 1 unique feature. I'm not really a fan of cookie cutter square boxes. Some exposed brick, a nook space, or some molding. Anything to make my place stand out.
I don't think that these are unreasonable requests. Do you? Since this is my ideal place, I didn't put a price tag on it. But I think it's important to know what you want, and what you're willing to do without, when looking for a place to live. For example, I could do without the dishwasher and the second bedroom, but the sunlight and the tub are a must.
What are some features of your ideal apartment or house? If you could have any feature or amenity you do not currently have, what would it be?